- Represents Abt Associates and the PMI AIRS Project to the PMI Advisor of the USAID Mission, the Ministry of Health, the NMCP, and other key stakeholders.
- Carries full authority and accountability for project decisions, as delegated by the US-based Project Director.
- Sets and pursues a results-oriented program strategy in coordination with the project team and in consultation with USAID, other partners and stakeholders.
- Leads the development and production of all deliverables, including annual country work plans, and semi-annual reports.
- Ensures that all country planning activities, spray operations, technical compliance measures, and other deliverables are achieved in a timely manner.
- Develops a capacity-building plan for transferring entomological monitoring ad surveillance knowledge and skills to local institutions, and develops important connections for assuring an increased role of local institutions in entomological monitoring and surveillance planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Ensures that gender initiatives increase the participation of women at all levels and in all aspects of programming, and ensure their safety.
- Supervises and mentors the Technical Manager, Finance and Administrative Manager, and others as needed.
- Ensures that staff, team members and consultants understand their roles and responsibilities and comply with contract requirements, USAID and Abt policies and procedures.
- Oversees the development and timely implementation of monitoring plans for all project activities and ensures that data required for USAID performance benchmarks and results frameworks are produced.
- Ensures that project budget projections, expenditure, tracking and reporting are in accordance with USAID and Abt Associates requirements, procedures and practices.
- Ensures that lessons learned and best practices are documented and shared.
- Master Degree (minimum), or a Doctorate Degree (desirable), in Public Health/Health Administration (or other relevant health specialization) or Business Administration. Candidates with Medical Degrees are also desirable.
- At least 15 years of relevant international health experience, including significant experience in the area of malaria prevention and control.
- Experience in the geographic/cultural region of the project is preferred.
- At least 5 years of senior project management experience in large international health projects/programs.
- Demonstrated leadership in management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams, ranging from 10 to 30 employees.
- Experience managing a fast paced, results oriented, deadline driven project.
- Significant ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, ministry officials, and other development partners.
- Experience developing and communicating a project vision, aligning key stakeholders around the vision, and assuring the vision is translated into efficiently implemented program activities.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to communicate and write reports and other professional documents in English.
(15+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience. This experience would include 1-5 years of management experience.