Currently Cummins Middle East FZE has an opening for the position of a Project Manager in the Power Generation Business Unit based in Dubai. Reporting to the Project Execution Manager, you will be responsible for accomplishing project objectives, leading a group of project engineers, achieving the financial and performance criteria as well as managing, developing, and implementing project partners with business stakeholders.
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion
- Facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals
- Designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
- Monitors and communicates project status to team.
- Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions.
- Document and shares team learning with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
- Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Leads improvement, in distinct sections of work force and provides technical expertise, in several work groups or on-going leadership, for a particular work group with responsibility, to develop the capability of its members.
- Competent communication with customers, internal staff, suppliers & subcontractors.
- Monitor costs and achieve financial performance allocated.
- Meet customer expectation within the limit of contractual requirements.
- Leads project documentation submission planning.
- Maintain project notes, databases, and other records.
- Leads project delivery, documentation close out, commissioning and site services.
- Selection of suppliers and subcontractors, on a contract to contract basis (competitive quotations).
- Ensure Contractual compliance.
- Provide monthly reports for financial evaluations.
TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE YOU SHOULD HAVE: