- The Project Manager will work closely with the Programme Director in ensuring that MSI funded project and PMDUP (DFID) projects are delivered efficiently and effectively in accordance with donor requirements and MSION broad strategic objectives.
- Specifically, with guidance of the programme director, the position holder is responsible for overall technical and programmatic implementation, oversight and coordination of MSI Funded and PMDUP projects.
- S/he oversees assigned project planning, ensures implementation, with a focus on results, and financial accountability for the projects.
- S/he works closely with the Field Operations, Technical Services, Quality Technical Assurance and Management and other MSION project managers, to ensure that there is full integration at implementation level within MSION, other donors, implementing partners, and CSOs activities.
- The Project Manager is responsible for meeting all assigned projects’ technical, financial, and project monitoring obligations, ensuring deliverables, and project results specified and agreed with donors are achieved.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
- Results orientation
- Commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission of: empowering individuals to have children by choice not chance
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Management and Operations:
- Under the oversight of the Programme Director, oversee all aspects of MSI Investment fund and PMDUP project implementation including:
- Lead in the drafting, review and implementation of MSI funded project and PMDUP work plans
- Lead in the execution of MSI funded projects like the Investment fund and the Choice project and PMDUP projects’ activities according to plan and donor guidelines.
- Lead in the development of forms, set up files to ensure that MSI funded project and PMDUP information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor progress of the PMDUP and MSI funded projects and make adjustments as necessary to ensure successful completion of projects
- Ensure PMDUP and MSI funded project activities are implemented on time and within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Lead in writing PMDUP and MSI funded project reports, position papers, and updates as required
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities.
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
Work closely with the RME Manager to:
- Prepare and submit regular technical, progress and program monitoring reports to MSN and donors according to schedules and guidelines
- Write reports on PMDUP and MSI funded projects for management and for funders and support the preparation of financial reports and project documentation.
- Support MSN’s M&E function in development of plans and operations research that support and measures impact of quality of PMDUP and MSI funded projects.
External Relations and liaison
Work with the External relations Manager to:
- Ensure relationships and networks with stakeholders, and relevant private, public and not-for-profit organizations are created and maintained with a view to strengthening MSN's impact and future funding opportunities
- Liaise with service delivery (Outreach, Clinics and Training teams), sales and social franchise teams and other stakeholders to ensure projects are integrated at all levels.
- Ensure strong links between communication and community mobilization activities, at the systems level.
Work with the Quality Assurance team to:
- Ensure compliance with relevant donor rules and requirements for all projects
- Ensure compliance with MSI policies related to fund raising and project management
- From time to time address delegated duties assigned by the Programme Director and other SMT members.
- Actively contribute to the strategic direction and planning of the organisation
- Any other duty reasonably assigned by line manager
- Advanced degree in Public Health or related discipline required
- Experience in DFiD or other donor funded projects an asset
- Experience in project management
- Experience in Reproductive Health an asset
- Proven excellent project management abilities
- Ability to present and write for multiple audiences
- Ability to work well with others in team environments
- Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
- Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
- Strong people management skills
- Strategic guidance and planning skills
Attitude / Motivation:
- Motivated personally and professionally to develop Willingness to travel as requested.