The role will be focused around the banking market and in particular around the Basel II & Base III space. The Project Manager will take a role within the Basel II/III Implementation team, with a focus on managing high quality projects. They will report directly to a Director within Implementation services, but will be expected to work collaboratively with other internal stakeholders.
They will be expected to employ client management skills in engaging with clients to ensure a successful alignment of expectations and to provide a robust and capable approach to managing issues that arise. Across their portfolio of Projects they will provide direction to the consultant team on their Projects under the leadership of a Project Director.
A willingness to engage, learn and contribute to the functional and technical challenges on client Projects is desired. An excellent attitude focussed on successful outcomes for the team through being a consistent and reliable contributor.
The successful candidate will be joining a fast growing team within a top tier global consulting firm with opportunities for development and for driving challenging and rewarding projects to successful outcomes. The position may require approximately 30 - 40% travel to client sites within the EMEA region which will be expensed.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing and implementing all aspects of client deliverables.
Act in a way consistent with our Values of
- Integrity - through holding yourself to standards of honesty, fairness and transparency
- Independence - by working collaboratively and through a vigorous an objective view of the fact
- Insight - to help drive informed decisions for our clients in their busines
- Intellectual Leadership - by leading market thinking and seeking innovation
- Inclusivity – to embrace our broad range of cultures, experience and backgrounds
Managing deliveryof several regulatory Capital software implementation projects to include;
Data apping of source systems to our RiskFoundation Data mart
- Excellent knowledge of existing and international regulatory requirements (e.g. EU – Capital Requirements Directive – CRD – Basel II)
- Understanding of the proposed revision of the international regulatory framework (Basel III)
Liaison and consultation to the client to specify and determine requirements
Take ownership of the Project. Identify project risks, plan, organize and manage the deliverables across the Project lifecycle, with “hands on” responsibilities as necessary
Managing the client’s expectations and managing the communication to and from the client. This also includes identifying client-side risks
Coordinate activities with clients, internal teams and within Implementation Services, tracking progress of development against plan and budget. Alerting senior management of issues that might impact successful on-time / on-budget delivery
Coordination of post implementation support as necessary
Obtaining client acceptance upon successful completion of the project
Consulting peers, as well as Moody’s Analytics staff in other locations to estimate and cost projects.
Actively oversee and manageall functional requirements, functional specifications, technical specifications, test plans and user acceptance tests for assigned projects
Responsible for communication between internal and external technical teams throughout the projects lifecycle from pre-sales to inception, execution and close.
Collaborate with colleagues in Implementation Services to share knowledge, provide support and cover for when needed
Develop content for the Implementation Services team e.g. templates, presentations, documentation for both external and internal use
Contribute developments to our Basel III software implementation services offering
- BSc in Computer Sciences / IT / Engineering or similar is preferred
- Masters degree would be a plus
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g. (Prince 2 and MSP)
- Relevant functional qualifications (e.g. FRM or CFA) or desire to pursue is an advantage
- Strong track record of successful and timely delivery of technical projects.
- Extensive project management experience in banking environment or financial software organisation related to Regulatory Capital projects.
- Experience in planning complex multidisciplinary projects in a global and multicultural organization.
- Basel II exposure gained in a bank, a consultancy firm or a Software engineering company
- Familiarity with existing regulatory requirements (e.g. Basel III )
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business and technical concepts to a senior audience.
- The ability to actively oversee and manage all Functional Requirements, Functional Specifications, Technical Specifications, Test Plans and User Acceptance Testing for assigned projects.
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and assume customer satisfaction.
- Fluency in English for the London role and French & English for the Paris role is essential
- Understanding of technical concepts, development techniques, operating systems and database subsystems such as Oracle and SQL Server
- Proven problem solving skills in a technical environment
- Experience in Data Mapping between systems of financial and risk data
- Skills in improving Data Quality