Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Project managers are responsible for the planning, management, coordination and financial control of a project.
They are employed in a range of industries from IT to construction.
Project managers ensure that a project is completed on time and within budget, that the project's objectives are met and that everyone else is doing their job properly. Projects are usually separate to usual day-to-day business activities and require a group of people to work together to achieve a set of specific objectives. Project managers oversee the project to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
Typical responsibilities include:
- agreeing project objectives
- representing the client's or organisation's interests
- providing advice on the management of projects
- organising the various professional people working on a project
- carrying out risk assessment
- making sure that all the aims of the project are met
- making sure the quality standards are met
- using IT systems to keep track of people and progress
- recruiting specialists and sub-contractors
- monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained
- overseeing the accounting, costing and billing
Key skills for project managers
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Numeracy skills
- Commercial awareness
- Communication skills
- Teamworking skills
- Ability to motivate people
- Management and leadership skills.
Interested applicants should have a minimum of BSc and any other qualification will be an added advantage.