• Develop detailed work plans and identify project deliverables and ensure all projects are well defined in terms of detailed project deliverables, milestones and time frames.
• Constitute project team including steering committee and communicate roles and responsibilities, project expectations, scope, deliverables, milestones and resources to all stakeholders including team members
• Deploy and manage resources effectively for the successful execution of IS projects, securing the release of project required resources including project staff and financial resources.
• Coach and train the project team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the project, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their project needs.
• Track, monitor and control all stages of the project lifecycle, ensuring project is kept within scope, within budget, of expected quality, risks are identified and mitigated and related contracts are administered effectively.
• Review issues and problems in relation to projects, deal with vendors and administer contracts and identify project risks, as well as recommend actions to mitigate risks.
• Track and document changes project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans and update, prepare, forecast and distribute project status reports to stakeholders.
• Assist in evaluating, tracking and managing the development and performance of team members, to ensure productivity and achievement of business results.
• Close out project ensuring all resources are accounted for and released appropriately.
• Compile lessons to learn for use by project teams in execution of on-going and future projects and participate in post project delivery review.
• Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.