To manage projects and execute mechanical engineering activities with the objective of meeting the defined scope, contractual specification, relevant codes, standards, company procedures and schedule of the project whilst maintaining the margin of the budget. The Project Manager will work within a matrix project structure and be required to forecast required engineering activities.
• Build relationships with the client, maintaining liaison throughout each project.
• Coordinate both the internal and external services supplying the project.
• Manager the resources on the project, ensuring that company systems and procedures are followed.
• Provide accurate forecasts with respect to engineering hours and resource requirements.
• Control the budget for each project, maintaining the agreed levels of expenditure to ensure that margins are controlled, monitored and maximised.
• Principal project contact ensuring all departments aware of project prerequisites and priorities.
• Manage resource and cost flow for projects.
• Create and maintain project timing plan.
• Detailed review of mechanical specifications, design drawings for vessels, structure, piping etc.
• Produce mechanical data sheets, specifications, schedules and equipment requisitions.
• Contribute to mechanical engineering in house standards and procedures.
• Ensure that vendor documentation is reviewed and approved and commented on by other engineering disciplines.
• Visit fabricators during pre-award, manufacture and factory acceptance testing.
• Supervision of contract mechanical engineer assigned to assist in executing projects when required.
• Provide assistance to Proposals team budgeting hours and project lead times.
• Good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Ability to manage time and resources effectively to meet Customer and Cameron deadlines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Project, PowerPoint, Excel) and SAP together with the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, O & M, and procedure manuals.
• Effective oral and written communication skills together with logical and numerical ability.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Engineering background preferably within the oil and gas industry.
5 years contract / project management experience.
Mechanical product development knowledge of industry conditions of contract.
ERP (SAP preferred) system experience.
Contract terms and conditions reviews.