The Project Manager role is an opportunity for an experienced project management expert to work with and steer a team of dedicated staff to achieve the goals and objectives of the project. Reporting to Oxfam and with direction provided by the Steering Committee, he/she will be responsible for the overall management of the project – staff, activities and resources to deliver on planned results, ensuring programme quality and impact. Oversees, administers, supervises and manages performance management for all team members. The position reports to Oxfam and coordinates closely with ICEED, with overall accountability for project management and delivery of results in line with the contract agreement.
· Set up a core Programme Management Unit (PMU) in collaboration with the Programme Officers for Agro-forestry and Energy Efficient Stoves according to project goals.
· Participate in the recruitment of project staff to ensure the right skills sets for the various roles of the project.
· Set up and run the Project Management Unit
· Organise Project Kick-Off and Multi-stakeholder meetings as contained in the project document to (re-) define and create ownership for the project strategy, objectives and results.
· Approve work plans and ensure a smooth implementation of the project by effectively and efficiently coordinating the Wood stoves and Agro-forestry components.
· Ensure appropriate reporting requirements to the EU are met in line with contract agreements.
· Actively promote Project principles and objectives with Communities, Local, State authorities, Oxfam, ICEED, EU and key stakeholders both within and outside the project area.
· Ensure linkages and synergies between the project, the Lot 1 component and other State Government Agro-forestry initiatives.
· Establish linkages between project and relevant State and Local Government MDAs
· Represent the IFuWoBa Project in national forums and ensure its adequate visibility in line with EU requirements
· Ensure synergies between programme components and other Oxfam / ICEED Programmes in Nigeria as well as within the region.
· Ensure the project delivers results in line with the agreements reached with the donor.
· Guarantee sustainability of the project’s results by timely handing over responsibilities to target beneficiaries and stakeholders during project implementation
· In collaboration with the project management team, oversee, administer, supervise and manage performance for all team members;
· Other tasks as specified and assigned in coordination with Oxfam and ICEED.