Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Job Title: Project Manager
The DiFD Project Manager will provide technical leadership to all aspects of project planning and implementation and maintain and enhance the project’s relationship with key consortium partners and stakeholders including Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development at the state level and other Protection and Education actors including local and international NGOs-IRC, DRC and NRC based in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Technical & Programming
- Maintain good communication with the donor and consortium partners
- Work closely with the government Ministries at the state levels.
- Work together with State, LGA and local partners to develop implementable project strategies and priorities in line with project objectives and plan
- Ensure that child protection and education activities are integrated into existing SC programs in Borno
- Work closely with consortium partners in SC location to integrate all protection activities (Mine Risk, HLP, ICD, GBV) in line with achieving the DFID project goal.
- Provide overall oversight on UASC case management activities
- Provide overall technical guidance on day to day project issues and challenges.
- Monitor implementation of project work plan and budgets
- Anchor monthly and quarterly budget management and monitoring for the project (budget variance and analysis)
- Support the review/adaptation of training materials and capacity building of team, partners and communities
- Work with consortium Advocacy focal person across the INGOs to develop state specific advocacy strategy and activities
- Submit timely monthly quarterly and yearly report to Lead partner
- Coordinate the timely submission of sitrep related to the project.
Planning and Budgeting:
- Develop and review program work plan, activity plans, budgets and financial management for technical activities
Representation and relationships
- Represent SC, engage and maintain good relationships with consortium partners, local partners, government and other key stakeholders working on Child protection, Education, Sexual and Gender Based Violence and general protection issues
- Represent SC in all meetings specifically education and child protection working groups.
- Effectively and efficiently manage all SC local partner staff to ensure healthy work relationship and timely delivery of project results.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Administrative & General Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree with at least 5 years’ work experience or a Postgraduate qualification in Public Health with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in child protection, sexual and gender analysis and assessments, health or education issues.
- At least 5 years programme and financial management experience with I/NGO in Nigeria
- Very good understanding of issues relating to, humanitarian response, child protection and gender based violence in emergencies and education in emergencies.
- Good skills in community mobilization, advocacy and in promoting gender equity, child rights, community empowerment and ability to analyse data
- Fluent English and Hausa language skills (written and verbal)
- Experience working in northern Nigeria
- Ability to work effectively both independently (with minimal supervision) and as a member of a team
- Effective planning, organising and financial skills
- Effective interpersonal skills – oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy skills – MS Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Spread sheets
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.