- Plan and define the scope of the project in collaboration with management
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project and develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Responsible for supervising work crew, obtaining all necessary permits and licenses, ensuring everyone adhere to all building codes, rules, ordinances and regulations, supervising construction logistics such as delivery of materials, equipment and tools.
- Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors before construction work starts
- Developing the programme of work and strategy for making the project happen.
- Review the project schedule with management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Recruit, interview and select staff, vendors and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities in consultation with the appropriate manager,
- Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate.
- Develop forms and records to document project activities and ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Submit periodic project reports
- Manage all project funds and ensure that you work within approved budgets
- Prepare financial reports with supporting documentation and ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date.
- Ensure that the project deliverable are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Knowledge & Skills: