Location: Port Harcourt
To ensure effective management and utilization of the company’s resources to achieve set goals and objectives.
Project Manager will:
- Develop and set up a project management and administrative system.
- Ensure the timely implementation of the institutional and capacity building components of the project.
- With the assistance and guidance of the procurement specialist, take full responsibility for procurement of goods, works and services.
- As needed, coordinate the recruitment and ensure effective supervision of PIU staff, short-term specialists and other service providers.
- Harmonize the implementation of the sub-projects supported by African Development Bank (ADB) and World Bank (WB).
- Ensure effective planning, budgeting, execution, monitoring of and reporting on project activities.
- Organise and conduct project management meetings including support for preparations for and participation at the Project Steering Committee meetings.
- Coordinate, collate and carry out quality assurance of all reports prepared by the project team.
- Liaise with the company‘s senior management to ensure its active involvement in the project.
- Coordinate and fully participate in the activities of supervision missions by donors.
- Undertake any other responsibility that will ensure smooth and effective implementation of the Project.
Job Specific Competencies/Skills:
- At least a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field in water and sanitation is required. A post-graduate degree in Civil Engineering/ Project Management will be an advantage.
- Computer literacy with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet.
- At least five years of recent post-qualification experience in managing engineering infrastructure projects.
- Experience with donor funded projects is a requirement and experience with ADB or WB an advantage.
- Preference will be given to candidates from Rivers.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience