Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Project managers ensure that a project is completed on time and within budget, that the project's objectives are met and that everyone else is doing their job properly. Projects are usually separate to usual day-to-day business activities and require a group of people to work together to achieve a set of specific objectives. Project managers oversee the project to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
- agreeing project objectives
- representing the client's or organisation's interests
- providing advice on the management of projects
- organising the various professional people working on a project
- carrying out risk assessment
- making sure that all the aims of the project are met
- making sure the quality standards are met
- using IT systems to keep track of people and progress
- recruiting specialists and sub-contractors
- monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained
- overseeing the accounting, costing and billing