- Accomplishing project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities.
- Accomplishing human resource objectives by hiring specialized staff recruiting as well as coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions
- Achieving operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards;
- Resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meeting financial objectives by forecasting requirements, making budget estimate; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Developing ideas based on client’s requirements
- Ensuring the project is maintained and to a good standard
- Writing reports (no job is safe from paperwork)
- Risk analysis and assessment
- Negotiating contracts with architects, vendors, contractors and other workers.
- Securing of building permits and licenses and delivery of materials and equipment to construction sites
- Making safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health, safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to
- Using construction management software packages to plan smooth work flows
- Communicating with a range of people including the client, subcontractors, suppliers, the public and the workforce.