The project officer reports directly to the Manager, Technical Sales. She/he must have an understanding of project management methodologies, exposure to PMP or PRINCE2 is an advantage, wireless and terrestrial network experience will be an added advantage. The position is accountable, on-time and on-budget for service delivery.
Specifically, the Project Officer’s responsibiliies include:
- Ensures the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Defines clearly project objective.
- Creates and defends project budgets.
- Coordinate the installation of network equipment at customer premises or at core network nodes.
- Prepares and manages project plans and implementation schedules using MS Project and other suitable software.
- Provides the executives with ad hoc and periodic Project environmental reports specifically to do with project costs, lessons learnt and risks
- Responsible for the implementation of current product portfolio and new products.
- Manage planning and operations teams and external contractors during project execution.
- Co-ordinates the production of all reports and produce project summary reports.
- Hold regular meetings with all stakeholders on project status.
- Produces Project reports for customer and internal consumption.
- Controls the project implementation process
- Develop and support effective communication mechanisms between the project teams and the rest of the organization.
- Develops and maintains the project library, filing, recording and reporting systems.
- Assists in invoicing according to milestone.
- Assists with the preparation of bid documents.
- Assists with equipment ordering and payment of vendor/ contractor invoices.
- Escalates project issues timely.
- Project Management Training for the organizations project team members – specifically around in house processes.
- Assists with contract negotiations with external suppliers.
- Perform regular quality inspections.