Vacancy Notice No.: 02/16 LOS
Position type: 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
- Due to the nature of the role it is necessary that any applicant be security cleared to confidential status, or demonstrate that they can easily obtain such clearance.
- Clearance is most easily obtained by UK nationals with at least 3 years residence in the past 10 years in the UK, USA, Australia, Canada or New Zealand.
- Nationals of the latter four countries may also be able to get clearance. Candidates must have a traceable history over the last 5 years.
Main Purpose of Job
- The main function of this post is to provide administrative and intelligence support to the National Crime Agency-led CSSF Joint Border Task Force (JBTF) project team, based in the British High Commission in Lagos. This is a multi-agency team consisting of officers from the NCA, UK Border Force, RALON and local engaged staff.
- The role will be specifically to maintain and update the JBTF intelligence database, administrative records and other ancillary duties in support of the JBTF project team.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Maintain and update the JBTF intelligence database;
- Provide administrative support to the JBTF team, as directed by the JBTF Office Manager
Roles and responsibilities
- Effectively manage data and intelligence relating to JBTF core business areas (drug trafficking and human trafficking);
- Produce accurate reports on data and intelligence as required by the JBTF team;
- Provide administrative support to the JBTF Office Manager as required. This may include booking flights and accommodation, providing to logistical support to training events, maintaining administrative records in support of project budget management and the management of assets.
- Other ad hoc duties as directed by JBTF staff and/or the JBTF Office Manager.
Other Skills / Experience / Qualifications
Essential on Arrival:
- Desirable: Familiar with Firecrest, Echo, FCO and NCA systems.
- Essential on arrival: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to quickly and accurately input data to a bespoke database.
- Good attention to detail.
- Understanding of FCO procurement and financial processes.
Key Competences required:
- Competence 1: Leading and Communicating
- Competence 2: Delivering a Quality Service
- Competence 3: Delivering at Pace
- Competence 4: Collaborating and Partnering
- Language: English
- Level of language required: Fluent written and spoken