Cuso International, an international volunteer development organization based in Cross River State, invites applications for the post of Project Team Leader for the Youth Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Access and Development (YouLead) project in Cross River State. YouLead supports the creation of youth-led enterprises and employment for young women and men in natural resource sectors of forestry, agriculture, aquaculture and Eco-tourism across 18 LGAs. Reporting to the Youtead Project Director, the Project Team Leader is the key Youtead senior staff responsible for leading the Project Team comprised of S program managers and support staff. The Project Team Leader is accountable for the implementation of the project activities and the effective and efficient achievement of project objectives and outcomes.
Functions and Duties
- Leads on the development and monitoring of the project annual work plan and project budget involving relevant Cuso International staff and key stakeholders.
- Leads on the implementation of the annual work plan in close coordination with the Project Team, the project partners and the Cuso International staff.
- Leads on the implementation and relationship with local partners.
- Supervises the design of a strong gender sensitive monitoring and evaluation system.
- Supervises the timely production of quality reporting.
- Oversees the mobilization and management of local and international volunteers.
- Recruits and Manages the Project Team; supports effective Project Team collaboration, as well as collaboration with YouLead partners and stakeholders, regionally and globally, as related to the Project.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in project, staff, grant and financial management working with an international organization (annual budget of C$ 1 m). International volunteer management experience is an asset.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in programming in natural resource and agricultural sectors and in youth entrepreneurship and secure livelihoods.
- Experience in working with the private sector in development programming.
- Experience in programming in Eco-tourism is an asset.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills. Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to be flexible as demands and priorities change.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications.
A Bachelor degree in a relevant field; Master’s degree and/or relevant training in areas related to the project are assets.