The Design Centre in its function as a regional technical resource engages in a wide variety of diverse bids and projects, and is ultimately responsible for a significant portion of the ME revenue and Bangalore pipeline.
With this in mind, it is important that the Design Centre reports and manages its pipeline in an extremely efficient and accurate manner. This is particularly important given the volatile nature of the ME regional market.
The Design Centre has engaged in a number of studies and initiatives over the past year to understand how to best address the risks of pipeline management and prediction. The result is the creation of a Resource Manager position for a highly skilled, energetic and motivated individual to manage and administer a comprehensive P6 Resource system.Job Details
Function and Scope
The Design Centre Dubai has been formed to provide a centralised technical authority and resource for regional capability in the following Design Disciplines:
· Ground Engineering
· Structural Engineering
· MEP Engineering
· Architectural Design
As the technical centre for these disciplines, with a strategic presence in a number of regional offices, the Design Centre Dubai will provide the Atkins Sectors throughout the Middle East with a first class technical capability and efficient access to the Bangalore centre of excellence.
It is the primary function of the Resource Manager is to ensure that all active projects (up to 50), enquiries and bids are represented in a consolidated resource profile on a P6 platform. This data, which will be maintained in real time, would accurately demonstrate the resourcing requirements for the DCD; reporting on workload, pipeline and providing a cross check effort expended (JDE) against anticipated resource requirement in order to identify under or overspend. The Resource Manager would also be responsible for the communication of the DCD pipeline to the Bangalore Centre of Excellence and a weekly report to the Operations Director.
Reporting on project pipeline, resource expenditure and ITTO forecast.
Future assistant in consultation with Operations Director.
To be defined in conjunction with the Operations Director.
Reporting to Operations Director
· Create, manage and maintain a consolidated P6 resource programme for the DCD active projects and future opportunities;
· Weekly Pipeline & Resource report to the Operations Director and SLT;
· Quarterly report on the resource and ITTO performance of the DCD;
· Provide or facilitate high level technical support to the regional sectors as required, under the instruction of the Operations Director;
Support the DCD Design Directors in the Implementation of a consistent bidding strategy and policy;
Support to the Design Directors in ensuring that the Design Groups are configured to meet the pipeline, and workload forecast;
Identify potential opportunities for new skills and innovation;
Decision Making Authority
Communications and Working Relationships
Direct working and communicating relationships with:
· Operations Director
· Design Directors
· Design Systems Manager
· HR Representative (External)
Degree qualified (as a minimum) in a relevant field
Demonstrated knowledge and application of Primavera P6. (Super User)
SharePoint user beneficial
Experience of working within a contractor environment would beneficial
Experience of working on major programmes for single and multiple projects
Experience of multi-discipline design environment
Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations to senior management
Good command of written and spoken English
The job holder will display the following behaviours:
· Participates in all aspects of workload delivery, regardless of task; setting an example of effective team working;
· Demonstrates a decisive, clear and consistent in approach;
· Adaptive influencing skills, demonstrating tact, diplomacy, persuasion and able to challenge confidently;
· Able to gain credibility quickly through demonstrating sound judgement Adaptable; a champion for change and continuous improvement;
· Confidence to liaise with senior management and business directors