Our client in the publishing industry seeks the services of a editor/proof reader. The candidate must have a bachelor's degree in English, journalism or a related field, as well as impeccable spelling, grammar and knowledge of style.Must be fluent in English, spelling and grammar with good planning and organizational skills. Candidate must be attentive to details, must be a team player with good IT skills. Candidate must possess at least 4 years relevant working experience in this field.
- To ensure that material is clear and consistent, complete and credible, and that text is well written, grammatically correct and accessible.
- To ensure that all changes that need to be made are made, that anything the author, editor or publishing company has requested be done has been carried out appropriately and that the manuscript has been completely corrected and adheres to everything that is expected.
- Provide a final quality check to make sure that nothing has been missed.
- Ensure the text and diagrams are positioned correctly, page numbers are in the right order, the document follows the agreed 'house style', chapter titles match the list of contents, there are no confusing words, page breaks illustrations have the right captions and relate to the text.
- Ensure the text layout is attractive.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their cv to email@example.com on or before 5th April 2014. Kindly state the job code and job title as subject of the mail.