The Protection Advisor role is a newly created role within the retail bank that will support the bank’s strategy to put customers at the heart of what we do through the provision of sound financial advice to our customers to meet their financial protection needs whilst offering unrivalled customer service.
As a Protection Adviser at Santander you will:
- Work closely with the Mortgage Advisers to ensure that all our borrowers are in an informed position about their protection needs and are offered appropriate solutions to meet those needs.
- Work in partnership with the wider branch team and other channels to deliver an integrated cross channel experience to customers.
- Provide advice to customers with underlying financial protection needs, ensuring they are treated fairly, that appropriate advice standards are met and that conduct risk to the business is minimised.
- Be responsible for, and competent in, advising, servicing and building customer relationships by providing solutions through our protection and banking proposition and working in partnership with other areas within the organisation to the benefit of the customer.
You will achieve this by:
- Knowing your customers
- Serving your customer well
- Identifying your customers financial needs and providing them with the products to best suit their requirements
- Making sales
- Working within quality and control procedures
- Diploma Level 4 or R05 qualified (or equivalent) – essential for this role
- Experience of working in a face to face financial sales environment with a proven track record of identifying and fulfilling sales opportunities
- Detailed product and sales process knowledge related to advised and non advised sales within financial services.
- Good general knowledge of the financial services industry and competitor activities
- Strong interpersonal skills with customers, able and keen to generate natural conversations and ask engaging questions and listen well.
- Confident and skilled in engaging customer interest by showing how they can make or save money.
- Efficient and accurate in following sales processes and completing related administration
- Professional and credible
- Highly focused to succeed/ exceed expectations
- Proven success in delivering against objectives and performance measures/ targets
- Experience of working in a busy customer driven environment.
- The ability to work as part of a team.