- Contributes to the collection, analysis and monitoring of protection concerns and trends, with a priority to the humanitarian consequences of the armed conflict in the Area of Responsibility (AoR)
- Writes reports related to field visits and contributes to the follows-up on meetings with interlocutors and IDPs on protection issues
- Participates in the (direct and indirect) collection of information on incidents related to the armed conflict
- Monitors, together with the Protection Delegate and other departments, future Community Based Protection projects
- Analyze the security situation within the Sub delegation AoR and reports to the Protection Delegate.
- University degree in the relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian, human rights and/or civil society organizations.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Hausa and / or any local languages spoken in the North East is an asset.
- Knowledge of social programs of state, federal NGO and International institutions in Nigeria.
- Excellent computer skills and research.
- Good geographical knowledge of the assigned environment
- Committed to the principle of neutrality, impartiality and independence while carrying out institutional duties.
- Organized, methodical and flexible personality with strong humanitarian motivation who enjoys working in a team environment.
- Has a strong sense of empathy.
- Ability to work independently with excellent analytical skills and the ability to travel in all parts of the country.