Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
A protocol officer is to foster understanding and cooperation between individuals, corporations, organizations and foreign bodies. A protocol officer’s responsibilities vary with an organization. Protocol officers, sometimes called just "protocols," usually handle international relations for government officials and bodies such the military, universities and colleges and cultural institutions.
The job typically involves some elements of event planning, but focuses more on personnel issues. A protocol officer’s main job is to guide leaders, be they elected officials or corporate executives, away from etiquette or cultural mistakes.
The Protocol Officer will be in charge of:
- Dealing with all officials in government departments;
- Obtaining government approvals;
- Procuring invitations, visas and tickets;
- Transferring passengers through the airport;
- Liaising with travel agents;
- Paying government invoices;
- Arranging collection of travelers and baggage and ensuring speedy passage through the airport;
- And all other tasks required by the Management.
BASIC SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Intimate knowledge of government officials
- Exhibit a high level of initiative, objectivity, integrity & commitment
- Good team spirit and human relations management
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken ;
- Good organizational ability and adaptability ;
- Outgoing and confident with a pleasant personality, and enjoy dealing with the public
- Knowledge of office tools (Excel, Word) and Internet (Outlook).
Interested applicants should have a minimum of BSc and any other qualification will be an added advantage.