- Provide Network Performance report to ensure visibility to network performance,
- Escalation and follow up on the Core PS and IP/MPLS domains exception to drive restoration of service
- Carry out capacity monitoring/reporting of IP Network, (MPLS, Switches, Routers, and security devices - Firewalls, IPS etc.), PS Core Network Elements; (SGSN, GGSN, SASN, SAPC, etc. ) multimedia and Internet services platforms and interfaces (WAP Gateway, DNS, AAA/radius, internet upstream capacity) ensuring capacity constraints are avoided and available capacity efficiently distributed
- Perform usage trend analysis for PS and IP network elements and connecting interfaces and use this to provide a guide to capacity forecasting and planning
- Analysis of trend of mobility and session management reports for performance anomalies/exceptions; escalate to responsible teams and make recommendation for optimal performance.
- Coordinate routine parameter audit and consistency checks on PS Core nodes (including QoS and PCRF application audit) to ensure consistent parameter setting to ensure improved network quality
- Monitor PS Core and IP/MPLS Network Elements with the aim of identifying poor performance and escalating/follow up with responsible stakeholders to improve performance and give customers desired experience.
- Coordinate KPI improvement recommendations to ensure timely intervention in the case of perceived degradation on PS Core and IP/MPLS Nodes performance.
- Monitoring the Data network traffic and observe various trends to detect any potential bottlenecks in advance and engage relevant departments to facilitate its avoidance
- Ensure provision of regular performance report to Management
- Collate and analyze performance data against defined parameters and ensure proper monitoring of performance through data gathering and statistical reports.
- Ensure tests and procedures are carried out, evaluated and properly understood and ensure product modifications are investigated.
- Audit KPI definition and formula across the technologies
- Analyze the performance KPI and Utilization evolutions, and make recommendation for improvement and efficient use
- Provide an internal Network Quality and Audit function allowing independent and objective performance analysis of the network and its impact on the business including commercial promotion/activity impact analysis
- Identify changes to performance framework as a result of new technology, design or processes, understand implication of such changes and ensure alignment with performance strategy by incorporating new KPIs to deliver optimal customer experience
- Monitor network implementations and changes pre /post implementation ensuring minimal disruption to service performance, availability and quality
- Monitor and benchmarks network KPIs driving optimum performance in the PS core and IP networks
- Multi - technologies - 2G, 3G, LTE etc.
- Multi - vendor - Huawei, Ericsson, ZTE
- Multi services - Data, Voice, VAS
- Service and technology convergence- Voice data, VOIP, EPC etc.
- MS environment
- Multi-layer Analysis of Performance
- Technology evolution path for GSM 2.5G/3G (GPRS, UMTS)
- Value Added Services and time to market
- Maintain highest standards of network performance and quality as business transitions to Managed Services in both the rollout & operational environments
- Multi-layer Analysis of network Performance & Quality
- Liaise consistently with network group stakeholders to maintain acceptable levels of network/service performance, availability and quality
- Definition of local, regional and industry specific measurement indices/ metric in collaboration with relevant stakeholders in network Group
- Accurate reporting of network KPIs to both internal (NWG, CS,CR etc.) and external stakeholders (Regulators)
- Liaise with other network department (operations, Planning and implementation)
- Manage and maintain collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- International and National travel
- Experience & Training.
Experience & Training
- 8 years’ experience which includes:
- 5 years’ work experience in IP/PS core preferably in a mobile company.
- 3 years’ experience in Performance/quality assurance/planning of Core PS and/IP transport.
- Sound knowledge of IP protocols and PS core for telecom grade service.
- 2 years managerial/Supervisorial Experience.
- PS Core Architecture and planning.
- IP/MPLS training and/or certification.
- IP Signaling.
- Network performance and statistics.
- Vendor and experts management.
- BEng, B.Sc, BTech or HND.