Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed
- Handle Guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying the proper areas
- Actively participate in daily briefing, daily warm up and department meetings
- Ensure P Attendants are informed daily about priorities in their section
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Positively impacts colleague relations within the department through ongoing performance management, coaching, recognition and communication meetings
- Maximizes hotel profitability by properly managing expenses, lab our and other material resources.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing staff morale through harmonious working relationships.
- Dynamic member of the Housekeeping Leadership team and ensures strong departmental representation on hotel committees and at hotel activities.
- Provide courteous, professional service and maintain a good working relationship with your own colleagues and all other departments within the hotel.
- Ensures the highest standards of cleanliness, maintenance and safety by conducting daily inspections of guest elevator foyers, backspaces, and storage and supply rooms.
- Liaise with the Laundry and Engineering Departments to ensure the smooth flow of linen supplies and repair work.
- Responsible for the inventory of Guest supplies, linen, uniforms, and the ordering and replacement when necessary.
- Responsible for ordering cleaning supplies and Guest supplies, and to check that they are handled, and stored correctly.
- Ensure that all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations are strictly enforced by the employees.
- Assist subordinates during peak periods.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in English (verbal & written) essential
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisory capacity in a hotel Housekeeping environment
- Proven training skills
- Experience with Hotel Property Management System, Micros-Fidelio desirable
- Proactive with a meticulous eye for detail
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills
- Able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Ability to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and Guest
- Must be able to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work well with limited supervision
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.