Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Public health officer specialize in a certain area such as behavioral science and health education, biostatistics, international global health and epidemiology.
Your work may bring you to areas with underserved populations or environmental disasters. Other days, you may be in an office filing paperwork or meeting with colleagues and clients. The role of a public health worker is one with many responsibilities and requires an open mind, flexibility and patience. You have to be prepared to provide help without the expectation of gratitude in many cases.
The spectrum of public health careers is wide, but some of the most common jobs are health educators, medical scientists (epidemiologists), social workers and statisticians. Each role has their own unique responsibilities, so we've compiled a list of some of the tasks that exist in all or some of the careers.
- Advocate for patients and clients
- Plan rehabilitation care
- Coordinate patients' discharge from health care facility
- Respond to environmental disasters or other crisis situations
- Collect and analyze data
- Plan and conduct public health studies
- Provide individual or group counseling
- Refer patients or clients to assistance programs.
Interested applicant should have a minimum of BSc and any other qualification is an added advantage.