Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Public relations officers plan, develop, put into place and evaluate information and communication strategies that present an organisation to the public, clients and other stakeholders. They also promote good information flow within their organisation.
Public relations officers may perform the following tasks:
- Monitor public opinion regarding an organisation or particular issues
- Develop and implement communication strategies for an organisation and advise management on communication issues and strategies
- Plan public relations programmes, including the preparation of cost budgets
- Present arguments on behalf of an organisation to government, other organisations and special interest groups
- Respond to enquiries from the public, media and other organisations
- Arrange interviews with journalists, prepare and distribute media releases, and liaise with and make statements to the media
- Write, edit and arrange production of newsletters, in-house magazines, pamphlets and brochures
- Assist with preparing organisational documents such as annual reports, corporate profiles and submissions
- Write speeches, prepare visual aids and make public presentations
- Organise special events such as open days, visits, exhibitions and functions
- Conduct internal communication courses, workshops and media training
- Develop risk assessments and implement crisis management plans to ensure an organisations reputation is maintained
- Plan, develop and manage brand identity organise and manage events, exhibitions, conferences and product launches.
Minimum of HND in any discipline. Interested candidates should forward their CV to the email address; email@example.com, using the Job title as a subject of the mail.