Job Code: EFL/PRO/LG
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies
- Writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports;
- Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, hand outs, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, Photographs, films and multimedia programmes;
- Organising events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
- Managing, updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and on-line media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Create content for press releases, by-line articles and keynote presentations
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Must be flexible, as you may be expected to network and socialise with customers, the media and colleagues to build and maintain relationships
Educational Qualifications & Experience Required
- A degree or an HND in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline. A master’s degree is an added advantage
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience.