Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Public relations officers use a wide range of media to build and sustain good relationships between the employing organisation and its clients through planned publicity campaigns and PR activities.
Public relations account executives are responsible for handling all aspects of planned publicity campaigns and PR activities during periods of crisis.
Other tasks include:
- planning publicity strategies and campaigns
- writing and producing presentations and press releases
- dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organisations
- organising promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits
- speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations
- providing clients with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress
- analysing media coverage
- commissioning or undertaking relevant market research
- liaising with clients, managerial and journalistic staff about budgets, timescales and objectives
- designing, writing and/or producing presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets, ‘in-house' journals, reports, publicity brochures, information for web sites and promotional videos.
Key skills for public relations officers
- excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- excellent interpersonal skills
- good IT skills
- presentation skills
- ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- awareness of different media agendas
Interested applicants should have a minimum of HND and any other qualification will be an added advantage.