PR officer will use all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of the school. These range from public bodies or services, to businesses and voluntary organisation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies
- Liaising with colleagues and key spokespeople
- Liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone and email
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Collating and analyzing media coverage
- Writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports for the school
- Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes
- Devising and coordinating photo opportunities
- Organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
- Maintaining and updating information on the school's website
- Managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as twitter and Facebook
- Sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Commissioning market research
- Fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
- A focused and goal oriented self-starter
- Personable and possess excellent people relations/ management
- A degree in any subject is acceptable, although English, management, business or media studies, marketing or behavioral sciences may be preferred.
- 4-7 year relevant work experience
- A PR postgraduate qualification can also be an added advantage.
- Work experience gained within the PR, Marketing, Events Promotion, or Journalism
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Drive, competence, flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitasking
- Creativity, imagination and initiative
- Good teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Business awareness and a good knowledge of current affairs.