- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies
- Creating an integrated marketing and communication strategy
- Building and managing media and community relationships
- Writing and editing official magazines, newsletters, articles and speeches
- Preparing and supervising the publication of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional items, etc.
- Working with Website developers towards building acceptable websites for special projects and events
- Sourcing and managing interviews and speaking opportunities
- Concept Development for Events (Seminars, Conferences, etc)
- Facilitating Business Relationships and Supporting the Business Development Function
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A degree in any of Mass Communication, Sociology, Public Administration, Economics
- Not less than 1 year active public relations and communications management experience, preferably in a service organisation.
- Excellent command of the English Language. A second international language (French) is strongly desired, though not a pre-condition.
- Well informed on the Nigerian and African business, economic and political environment
- A strong and persuasive writer, with strong analytical skills
- Result orientation, able to see the big picture and Readiness to play at the international stage
- A strong sense of team work, and ability to manage and execute programmes
- Creative, innovative, thinking through, and thinking outside the box
- An understanding of how B2B works
- Excellent IT skills, skilled in managing on-line presence, website update, expert level knowledge and experience in using the social media