Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
· Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities.
· Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels.
· Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
Lliaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers.
· Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them;
· Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided.
· Processing payments and invoices.
· Keeping contract files and using them as reference for the future.
· Giving presentations about market analysis and possible growth;
· Developing an organisation's purchasing strategy.
· Producing reports and statistics using computer software.
· Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
· Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives.
· Attending meetings and trade conferences.
· Training and supervising the work of other members of staff.
· HND/BSc/MSc in Economics, Accounting, Business Admiration or any of the related course
· Diploma in supply chain management
· Related Certification in purchasing or procurement is a plus
· Institute of supply management is a plus