- Responsible for the procurement of all requested goods for the ICRC Sub Delegation in Port Harcourt securing the best correlation of quality, price and delivery time
- Ensures orders are delivered on time and items meet the specification required.
- Prepares each Purchase Order (PO) file according to ICRC standards
- Performs necessary paperwork and assures follow up with administration and other departments
- Updates and maintains knowledge about main suppliers; checks the market for potential new suppliers.
- Liaises with Dispatch and Transport to decide on Transport mode and prioritize dispatch of cargo.
- Follows eventual problems and suggests improvement in any part of the supply chain
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
- Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in administration, logistics, purchasing or similar field.
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or purchasing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics, purchasing, administration or similar position in commercial or humanitarian sector.
- Advanced conversational and written English. Other Niger Delta dialogue is an asset.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Responsibility & Autonomy;
- Honest & Trustworthy
- Negotiation, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Good knowledge of the local market
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures
- Flexibility and team playing within and out with the logistics department.