- Manages all purchasing demand of the affiliate and ensures compliance to local and global contracts.
- To be responsible for the affiliate based spending.
- To be responsible for providing procurement support
- Ensures the good execution of any category sourcing plan in line with the local needs.
- Develops shares and contributes to the Global procurement strategy definition and supplier markets expertise with category management and regional procurement domain managers and customers.
- Anticipates and consolidates all business needs to carry out the negotiations at NGGH zone level.
- Adapts, elaborates and implements sourcing strategies according to category management orientations coming from global category managers and regional procurement domain managers.
- Is accountable for achieving the objectives for the affiliate defined by global category managers.
- Is accountable for optimizing purchasing of goods and services within defined spend families to meet the needs of internal customers, in compliance with the purchasing/sourcing orientations and company procedures.
- Role may be cumulated with that of Lead buyer depending on the skill level regarding sourcing and supplier market knowledge.
- Ensures the accurate development in the iteration process of the Mapping, the sourcing and actions plan.
- Ensures the efficient execution of the Sourcing and action plan and its subsequent reporting.
- Ensures the alignment of the strategic negotiations with the supplier management.
- Ensures the compliance to contracts to be executed over the NGGH zone scope.
- Ensures local business partners' service levels are satisfied.
- Is handling specific local needs and is a facilitator for the purchasing function between stakeholders and lead buyers.
- Develops strong relationship with his/hers executive customers with the support of the Regional Procurement Domain Managers
- Ensures procurement integration within the business with the support of the Regional Procurement Domain Managers
- University degree in Finance or any related course.
- CIPS membership an added advantage.
- 5 years cognate experience in a similar position or company.
The following skills are essential:
- PC skills: MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Knowledge of the market and the processes of purchasing, knowledge of the financial and legal aspects, ethics
- Ability to lead / manage the people, focus on results and business, empowerment, ability to make decisions, development of colleagues´ skills
- Internal: Marketing, Medical & regulatory, other relevant departments.
- External: Medical practitioners, Pharmacists, Pharmaceutical and regulatory bodies