- Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels;
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers and relevant internal departments.
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, building and maintaining good relationships with them;
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities as it relates to our products.
- Assisting the Purchasing Manager in developing an organization’s purchasing strategy from analysis of purchase history;
- Producing reports on purchasing activities
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of the organization’s purchasing policies and procedures
Education & Experience
- A minimum of BSc/HND degree in supply chain management, Purchasing and Supply or Business Administration with at least 1-2years post NYSC experience.
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Officer, preferably in the food and beverage industry.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
Skills & Competencies
- Talent in networking with players within the industry
- Sound Analytical Skills
- Negotiating/ Bargaining Skills
- Physical & Mental Alertness
- Good Communication & Presentation Skills
- I.T Proficient