- This specialist is required to supervise the installation, precommissioning and commissioning of the 2 turbines and assist in resolving any power issues that may arise.
- After commissioning, the electrical engineers will form part of the pool of resources to keep the units in operation during the initial period of 90 days.
- Provide QA/QC services to support design, procurement, fabrication, construction, installation, commissioning, operational readiness and initial operation.
- Fully knowledgeable of the work scope and associated HSE risks, Work procedures, Method Statements, Quality and HSE requirements from the Contractor and required level of supervision.
- Daily Quality Control Monitoring, Verification and Reporting of daily work progress
- Verification of Contractor's compliance with the procedures, specifications, HSE, and Quality requirements.
- Ensure the Contractor’s Equipment and tools are adequate and properly calibrated.
- Issue queries, raise non-conformances and site instructions and enforce corrective actions.
- Issue site instructions to contractor as agreed with the project engineer.
- Provide feedback on performance including HSE performance monitoring and verification of compliance with Contract HSE Plan
- Coordinating and supervising all personnel on site
- Providing Daily / Weekly / Monthly reports
- Support HSE Officers in UA/UC identification and sharing learning
- Permit to Work (PTW) Management
- Maintain all required documentation, records, certifications, training and inspection reports.
- Propose strategies to improve / modify Contractor's performance, if necessary
- Assess and report potential showstoppers (community problems, material supply, interfaces etc)
- Materials and Equipment control / status reports