Leading a team.
· Understanding the importance of the company’s business and safety requirements.
· Demonstrate effective management of Customer/Suppliers/Contractors Relations.
· Determine Facility Maintenance Requirements
· Broad knowledge and application of Risk Assessment for all construction and operation field tasks.
· Ability to seek opportunities to expand and apply technical knowledge, skill and experience in doing own job.
· Project Management – Coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress, completes projects on time and budget
· Experienced in pipeline integrity management system
· Broad knowledge in cathodic protection system design and condition monitoring
· Broad knowledge in Pipeline and piping system engineering and design and operations
Required Education and Experience:
A thorough understanding of Quality Management Systems, Technical Integrity Verification Schemes/Plans, NEL Quality Management System, matched with a vision of the importance of fit-for-purpose / fit-for-life technical requirements and the ability to translate the vision into practical solutions.
· Have a sound understanding of and be capable of following technical standards applied.
· Have a sound knowledge of multi-discipline engineering practices as they relate to QA/QC.
· Have a sound knowledge in Mechanical Engineering, WPS/PQR, WPQT witness and reviews, welding processes, particular knowledge of Duplex / S.S / C.S materials welding.
· Have a sound knowledge of Welder qualification testing (WQT) for structural and piping applications.
· Have a sound knowldege in NDT procedures and processes (UT/RT/PT/MTetc) their application, review, tracking and reporting controls
· Have a sound familiarity of oil and gas codes and standards eg, ASME, AWS, API, etc
· Have a sound knowledge of design, procurement, fabrication, installation and commissioning activities.
· Ability to interface with, and influence, a wide variety of contacts, including Contractors and Vendors.
· Be able to communicate effectively with contacts of different cultural backgrounds.
· To work effectively with other staff and contractors within the GIOGP.
· Be suitably qualified and experienced to ensure that the Quality Management System requirements are delivered effectively and credibly.
· Be able to read and write fluently in the English language.
· Skilled in Computer use, particularly MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Exchange.
· Ability to travel to all project locations.
· A strong and committed team player.
B.Sc / HND or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline (e.g. Mechanical engineering, Civil. Electrical, , Chemical, Metallurgy etc.)
7 years project experience in the design, construction and commissioning of petrochemical process industry in oil and gas projects with at least 3 years as a QA/QC Engineer
Have demonstrable experience in Quality Management Systems and a sound working knowledge of ISO 9000(2000) and elements
Have supervisory and coordination experience of QA/QC / NDT personnel.