Key Result Areas
Provide demonstrable added value to the life cycle of NEL projects by supporting implementation of robust and fit-for-purpose Quality Management System covering activities from design to operations and a process to monitor compliance.
Bringing together into ‘best practice’ the variety of existing systems into one common and consistent process.
Engaging Contractors and Vendors with the objective of meeting satisfactory Quality standards and maintaining technical integrity.
Coordinate and implement the NEL Project ITPs, covering all key project activities, contractors and work locations.
Monitor, review and formally report to the Head of QA/QC with respect to EPIC and Sub-Contractors ITPs, NDT results, NCRs, Audit follow up actions etc.
Support in monitoring the implementation of NEL Project Quality Management System, including Quality Plans and procedures, to cover design, procurement, fabrication / construction, installation, commissioning, operational readiness, Technical Integrity Verification Plan for technical integrity during the design, fabrication / construction, installation, commissioning, operational readiness and initial operations and operational phases of project development
Support the Audit/Review Plan which combines and coordinates the project’s plans to assure compliance with the project QMS and the Contractors and Vendor’s QMSs,. Monitor the status of audit/review action follow ups.
Act as support point for any appointed Third (independent) Verification Body.
Support the development of quality measurement criteria / KPIs and report on quality assurance and control issues/ trends.
Support the ongoing quality awareness program for GIOGP project staff and contractors.
· A thorough understanding of Quality Management Systems, Technical Integrity Verification Schemes/Plans, NEL Quality Management System, matched with a vision of the importance of fit-for-purpose / fit-for-life technical requirements and the ability to translate the vision into practical solutions.
· Have a sound understanding of and be capable of following technical standards applied.
· Have a sound knowledge of multi-discipline engineering practices as they relate to QA/QC.
· Have a sound knowledge in Mechanical Engineering, WPS/PQR, WPQT witness and reviews, welding processes, particular knowledge of Duplex / S.S / C.S materials welding.
· Have a sound knowledge of Welder qualification testing (WQT) for structural and piping applications.
· Have a sound knowldege in NDT procedures and processes (UT/RT/PT/MTetc) their application, review, tracking and reporting controls
· Have a sound familiarity of oil and gas codes and standards eg, ASME, AWS, API, etc
· Have a sound knowledge of design, procurement, fabrication, installation and commissioning activities.
· Ability to interface with, and influence, a wide variety of contacts, including Contractors and Vendors.
· Be able to communicate effectively with contacts of different cultural backgrounds.
· To work effectively with other staff and contractors within the GIOGP.
· Be suitably qualified and experienced to ensure that the Quality Management System requirements are delivered effectively and credibly.
· Be able to read and write fluently in the English language.
· Skilled in Computer use, particularly MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Exchange.
· Ability to travel to all project locations.
· A strong and committed team player.
B.Sc / HND or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline (e.g. Mechanical engineering, Civil. Electrical, , Chemical, Metallurgy etc.)
7 years project experience in the design, construction and commissioning of petrochemical process industry in oil and gas projects with at least 3 years as a QA/QC Engineer
Have demonstrable experience in Quality Management Systems and a sound working knowledge of ISO 9000(2000) and elements
Have supervisory and coordination experience of QA/QC / NDT personnel.