Assist in the definition of the division's plans, policies, projects and service levels.
· Plan and ensure implementation of established internal processes using best practice standards to ensure a stable and highly available systems platform for an optimal operating environment.
· Conducts needs analysis studies and confers with managers and supervisors to determine quality of service training needs.
· Analysis, Detect & Report any problem due to capacity shortages.
· Design and implement quality of service training programs for key personnel in Network QoS & Support division and ensure compliance with international standards.
· Design and implement tools, activities and processes to measure and interpret network performance data towards ensuring a standardised and quality network.
· Ensure the continuous availability of up-to-date and standard tools, guidelines and quality management policies and procedures for all Network QoS & Support activities.
· Enforce standardised change control methods to guarantee that Network systems run only authorised and tested configurations.
· Develop and implement relevant diagnostics tools (e.g. test drives) to monitor and track network quality.
· Coordinate the proactive tracking, collation and review of network traffic and other network performance data to identify potential trouble spots and initiate necessary steps to mitigate possible/ identified risks.
· Plan and ensure proper implementation of quality of service systems and procedures to monitor compliance with approved Network QoS & Support governance framework.
· Coordinate the preparation of technical reports on network quality/ performance.
· Review and ensure that all processes and procedures within Technical department are executed in line with best practices/standards.
· Advise other Network QoS & Support staff on rectification of quality lapses or non-achievement of service levels.
· Manage vendor performance and ensure agreed SLAs are achieved.
· Review recommendations of the internal audit function relating to Network QoS & Support policies, standards, guidelines and operations and take action as required.
· Implement the function's work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
· Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
· Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
· Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
· Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, Network QoS & Support
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Network QoS & Support
· First degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
· Postgraduate degree/relevant professional qualification
Experience,Skills & Competencies
· Twelve (12) to Fifteen (15) years relevant work experience with at least three (5) years in a managerial position
· Network Operations
· Network Security and Assurance
· Service Continuity Management, Monitoring and Control
· Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
· Leadership and People Management
· Problem Solving
· Passion for Excellence
· Empowering people
· Growing people
· Team work
· Customer Focus