- The role will be to oversee the company's Governance, Risk & Compliance unit, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance, risk, governance and policies within the company.
- Develops initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, Employee Services, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the corporate lawyer as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Works with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as on-going training for all employees and managers.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Identify variations and potential high risk areas in securing adherence to standards and procedures as well as assess Data Centre, Disaster Recovery and daily Data Centre operations.
- Recommend corrective action plans and improvements in the resolution of non-compliance with standards detected through monitoring and auditing of processes and procedures
- Schedule and conduct quality audit inspections, analyse and review systems, data and documentation
- Assess the technical infrastructure management to ensure that critical devices are operating at optimum levels as well as the service desk to ensure customer requirements are met and provide successful customer outcomes.