Job ID: 117693BR
Function: Infrastructure - Other
Service Line: Infrastructure
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identification, understanding and documentation of the Firm’s operational processes.
- Documentation and evaluation of the current corporate governance structure in the Central Services Division.
- Understanding the current control environment in the business processes and documentation of same.
- Assessment of the existing controls to determine control failure and improvement requirement in line with best practice.
- Performance of the firm’s Risks Assessment and Identification of the risks that threatens achievement of business objectives.
- Documentation of relevant risks and associating them with the key operational processes.
- Establish the Internal Audit charter, procedures and work programs to guide daily activities and regular reviews.
- Develop risk–based annual audit plans detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities.
- Develop Standardized Tools and Templates for use in the operations of the Internal Audit function.
- Conduct internal audits to assess the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the established internal controls and procedures.
- Conduct root cause analysis and agreeing recommendations with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations.
- Preparing reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports as required. .
- Conduct ad-hoc investigations and reviews as requested by the Q&RM unit and management.
- Managing a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
- Other Q&RM tasks that may be assigned daily by the team.
Qualifications and Skills
- A B.Sc degree in any field with a minimum of second class upper division.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office application.
- Ability to coordinate and manage projects as well as multitask in the face of multiple deliverables.
- Ability to perform excellently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be below 31 years of age as at date of application.
Experience and Background:
- Qualification as a Certified Internal Auditor from the Institute of Internal Auditors will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of Five (5) year work experience in an internal audit role with a focus on financial and operational risk.