Job purpose and key deliverables
- To ensure that Quality measurements are taken, analysed, trended and reported so that timely accurate and relevant Quality data can be issued to customers and business management
- To develop, implement and maintain work instructions, test methods and calibration in compliance with ISO 9001 – 2008 and other BATN documented procedures
- Understand basics and fundamental of Tobacco processing in primary and secondary manufacturing departments
- Implement quality assurance standards.
- Liaise with the Quality Manager/supervisor/Team leaders regarding all issues of quality.
- Carry out investigative studies to understand and improve production process parameters.
- Participate in knowledge , process and procedure review session organised by Team Leaders / supervisors
- Identify training needs of self to help drive effectiveness and improved quality of work.
- Conform to the laboratory working standards.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance to all protocols for FPI-X and Q2.
- Ensure all non-conformances and quality related issues are documented and reported to the quality manager, supervisor and all relevant stake holders.
- Ensure proper use of all relevant test equipment
- Ensure 100% data accuracy in all quality function records.
- Ensure timely collection of all samples in line with protocol and preparation of reports
- Review and Authenticate accuracy of reports and data collected during the shift period by the end of shift.
- Strive to reduce non-conformance by prompt intervention, advise and collaboration with manufacturing personnel
- Comply to EMS requirement by continuously reducing impact of our aspect and improving environmental performance
- Provide equipment performance report/ feedback to instrumentation technician.
- Able to plan, organise and deliver results in time to meet deadline
- Passion for excellence and adherence to standards, process and procedure
- Ensure compliance with British American Tobacco EMS & Environmental Health and Safety guidelines for all Quality Assurance activities.
- Maintain at all times, a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Ensure that set departmental and company objectives are adhered to.
- Able to communicate timely feedback in a constructive & simple manner.
- Be proactively involved in continuous improvement initiatives drive for change in all processes in and around the manufacturing settings.
- Attend and participate actively in all team, departmental and cross functional meetings
- Minimum of OND in Science Field with Chemistry, Mathematics or Statistics as a major study area
- Has knowledge required doing assigned audits and tasks within functional area
- May have advanced specialty education and training, and / or on-the-job experience.
- Knowledge of factory processes and procedures.
- Functional knowledge of quality analysis tools( Pareto, Excel, Fishbone diagram 5 whys and SPC tool.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good reporting skills
- Effective adherence to quality sampling and evaluation in line with established guidelines, protocols and procedures
- Functional knowledge and use of QA systems (Equata, Vides, BO & Infosys)
- 100% Delivery of accurate data and information.
- Guide factory work force towards the application of quality best practice.
- 100% adherence to work instructions, procedures and product specifications
- Proactive and timely shift quality information communicated to team mates within Quality and the entire plant crew.
- Reduce waste and Non conformance through engagement and constant feedback to shop floor personnel.