- The Quality Assurance Manager will lead the quality assurance effort for HPL to move from the current configuration to a new world class manufacturing site able to meet demanding customer requirements and deliver operating profit to the company.
- Working with a team of highly skilled professionals and operations management personnel, this position will guide our company to achieving “best practice” quality systems.
- You will be responsible for the management of the quality control department, ensuring the systems and procedures operated within the department move towards the requirements of ISO 9001.
- The QA Manager will work closely with our suppliers and our Logistics Manager to create data collection techniques for control of supplied products or sub-contracted production services; direct and conduct supply chain audits; create quality technical specifications for suppliers; audit their quality procedures and control complaints and return authorizations.
- The QA Manager will work with the design team and participate in product change control activities, devise and ensure implementation of quality plans within component drawings, and also assist the design team in ensuring our products comply with the relevant regulatory standards.
- The QA Manager is also responsible for ensuring continuous training of employees on aspects of the QA systems that are relevant to their position, particularly with production and assembly personnel and their team leaders.
- This position will also ensure that quality procedures are documented, audited and maintained in all other areas of the business. The role includes implementation and performance management of all sections against their quality procedures and, through the completion of quality audits, the QA Manager will work with all sections and teams to improve their procedures.
- On-going Quality Systems development is a major focus for HPL over the next 5year period.
We will implement procedures and utilize tools that have proven to be successful “best practices”, in summary the QA Manager will:
- Direct and coordinate the company’s quality program, including the implementation of ISO9001 systems and procedures.
- Compile quality control reports, create statistical process control metrics, manage nonconformity material discrepancy reports, recommend continuous improvement activities.
- Prepare monthly summaries of quality issues for the Technical Support Manager for presentation to the senior management team.
- Review and improve the existing HPL Staff Quality Record (SQR) database.
- Implement quality training programs for key quality & manufacturing personnel and supply chain partners.
- Work with Logistics to integrate quality standards as part of the Service Level Agreement for core suppliers and, where appropriate, assess supplier return products with failure analysis.
- Issue and manage supplier Corrective Action Reports.
- Support Logistics with annual business reviews of key suppliers.
- Work with Design on new component introduction, alternative raw materials, tooling requirements, test plans, and product qualification requirements.
- Communicate and share the company quality philosophy to key personnel in the company.
- Keep senior management abreast of significant developments identified during quality control activities.
- Investigate and record customer complaints regarding product performance, specifications, and reliability.
- Refine and develop the existing product warranty and return policy for finished goods.
- Assure adherence to CEN and international product regulations regarding quality.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant quality management experience.
- Must have experience of running quality training programs
- Proven experience and ability to manage people, processes, and technology.
- Possess senior management leadership abilities and skills, such as the ability to build teams and manage operational, organizational and financial elements. Demonstrated experience coaching and developing individuals.
- Strategic thinker and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to influence and motivate others.
- Excellent leadership and developmental skills.
- Good business acumen, including superior written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and organizational abilities.
- Demonstrated success managing new initiatives while meeting operating and budgetary requirements.
- Analyze problems detect root causes and resolve all issues.
- Excellent time management, planning, organization and prioritization skills.
- Empathetic self-motivator with solid interpersonal skills, achievement oriented.
- Be aware of Health and Safety standards and their implication in the workplace.
- Have a good understanding of the requirements of Dignity and Diversity in the workplace