- The Quality Assurance Officer is responsible for implement Quality Assurance programs for the company.
- Drive sustained continual improvement of critical business process performance.
- Directly manage the team of quality inspectors.
- Facilitate and lead the development, maintenance and implementation of the Petroleum Depot quality plan, facilitate and lead mapping of critical business processes transferring ownership to the process owner for sustained continual improvement.
- Audits the company's operational & HSE processes to ensure that it's up to speed at all times.
- Translate business strategic goals into critical business process goals mentoring process owners in gap closure and improvement program definition.
- Track the generation of non-financial/safety KPIs.
- Measure and analyze performance of key performance indicators (KPI's) with the purpose of driving continuous improvement.
- To determine the quantity of component that has been loaded on the ship (bill of lading).
- To determine and certify that the quality of the component that is being loaded satisfies the regulator requirement.
- The Bill of Lading and the certificates of quality are deposited in a sealed packet with the master of the vessel.
- Monitor procedures at discharge of petroleum products at discharge Jetty.
- Maintain quality procedures at product distribution and loading terminal.
- Will carry out tests of petroleum products
Qualification and Experience
- Must have had 10 years' experience in similar role in a downstream oil and gas company. With at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- A good first Degree in Engineering or related field. An M.Sc. in Operations Managements will be an added advantage.
- Experience gained within industry will be an advantage.