• Responsible for the proper execution of inspection sampling, visual/physical testing and reporting to ensure that production line outputs (work-in-process and finished products) are properly classified in accordance with standard classification guidelines.
• Responsible for the compilation of quality control data, ensure timely reports on investigations of product quality problems, and actively conceptualize with Quality Assurance and Process Engineering on action plans that will ensure quality of products.
• Responsible for upholding quality standards and for initiating the optimal recovery of non-prime products and work-in-process goods to maximize their value and usage.
• Responsible for ensuring the timely investigation, analysis and validation of customer complaints and of finished goods returned and of facilitating the appropriate disposition on such matters.
• Responsible for the technical evaluation of delivered materials / supplies from regular suppliers and of alternative supplies / materials from prospective new suppliers by directing the testing of conformance or non-conformance with specifications and expected performance.
• Responsible for supporting the by-products resource recovery efforts of Logistics Management by classifying, testing, and grading waste or used materials that are sellable to other end-users.
• Responsible for directing pollution control measures and the implementation of waste management strategies.
• To assist in expanding the supplier base by reviewing the specification of other raw materials prescribed by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and identify as alternative sources other suppliers that also meet the required specifications; advise Logistics Management accordingly.
• Age range 50 years old and above with 10 years of relevant experience in quality control and/or quality assurance preferably gained from steel processing plant, five (5) years in supervisory / managerial capacity.
• BS Engineering graduate, preferably Metallurgical / Chemical / Industrial / Mechanical with professional license