General Description includes inspection of engineering, fabrication, vendor equipment and materials by enforcing compliance with the project specifications. Monitors and ensures the correction of non-conforming work. Ensures effective management of change. Is able to effectively communicate complex technical solutions and concepts to clients, vendors, engineers and management. Verifies progress, payments and quality and prepares daily/weekly progress reports. Maintains and promotes a focus on CB&I’s end product whether engineering, fabrication or construction. Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, quantity and budget control.
· Provide support to Company Management with regard to implementation, maintenance and development of quality management
· Promote, support and monitor continual improvement
· Responsible for the Continual Improvement System
· Design and develop management system improvements
· Facilitate implementation of management system changes
· Plan and execute internal management system audits/assessments
· Provide quality management advice and training to department personnel
· Represent the Company for quality related subjects on conferences
· Advise the Project Manager/Director on defining the project management system
· Provide guidance and support to Project Quality Managers
· Gain and maintain awareness of project execution, project status, areas of concern and risk
· Notify Management of audit results and monitor effective follow-up of corrective actions
Education & Training
· BS degree or equivalent
· Conversant with standards for quality management (for example ISO 9001)
· Certificate Internal Auditing Quality Management Systems
· VCA VOL
· Ability to work within an international, multicultural team comprising people of different backgrounds and roles (team player).
· Open minded and flexible
· Stress resistant
· Creative, precise and innovative
· Ability and willingness to improve knowledge
· Social skills
· Good English communication skills (written and spoken).
· Good organizational skills
· Good communicator with a service-minded and customer-oriented attitude
· Act resolute/decisive
· Analytical skills
· Conflict handling
· Competence in expressing concepts and ideas
· Has strong proven experience in QA/QC Inspector role.
· Is familiar with codes and standards of ASME, API and ANSI.
· Demonstrates knowledge of QA/QC responsibilities such as conducting visual and dimensional inspections for welding, piping installation, equipment, structures and painting/coating
· Is able to effectively communicate with engineers and non-engineers.
The typical experience in the Global Requirement Guide must be read as a guideline only.