The purpose of the Quality Engineer Technical is to undertake audits, investigations and surveillance in accordance with the approved Quality Manual, MOE and TPM and as directed by the Quality Manager Technical, in order to uphold the CAR 145 Maintenance Approval of Etihad Airways.
Your responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Prepare and undertake quality auditing and surveillance of internal and subcontracted maintenance functions to uphold regulatory and internal standards.
- Carry out quality investigations into technical incidents, maintenance and process errors to mitigate repeat occurrences, reducing costs and increasing safety.
- Prepare quality assurance reports resulting from audits, surveillance & investigations, to allow formal review and tracking.
- Review existing Technical Procedures Manual (TPM) processes related to light/base maintenance to ensure regulatory compliance and continuous improvement.
- Engage in Quality Assurance activities within Light and base maintenance
- Review qualifications, training and experience of applicants and carry out QA boards / approval interviews prior to grant of company authorizations to engineers
Valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License (ICAO), and/or an appropriate Engineering degree, minimum of 10 years airline industry experience, including at least 3 years in Technical Quality Assurance as a Quality Assurance Engineer.
You are required to have the following:
- Formal training in quality assurance auditing, preferably to Lead Auditor standard.
- Formal training in incident investigations and MEDA
- Previous experience in a base maintenance environment is an advantage
- Type training and company authorizations on any of the Etihad fleet of Airbus A319, 320, A330, A340, B777 is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of maintenance regulations Part M, 66, 147,145 issued by an appropriate regulatory authority (preferably U.A.E GCAA and/or EASA and or FAA).
- High standard of English language and report writing skills.
- High standard of computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications)