- The Quality Manager will be the champion for the Unit’s Quality Management System (QMS); maintaining and strengthening the current system, whilst also developing it in areas that are key for the Unit’s overall strategy.
- S/he will work closely with the research themes as well as other scientific and support areas, and in particular with the Clinical Trials Support Manager. It is anticipated over a 2-3 year period the post-holder will develop West African capacity and talent to support biomedical research in the subregion.
- The post holder is will administer, maintain, develop and evolve the MRC Unit The Gambia’s quality management system to ensure best practice in research and medical laboratories in accordance with the principles of ISO 15189:2012, MRC Good Research Practice, ICH Good Clinical Practice, Good Clinical Laboratory Practice, ISO 17025, and other statutory, legislative and policy requirements.
- S/he will aim for and realize continual improvement in quality systems and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent, preferably in a Life Science or related discipline.
- Previous experience working in a senior role within Quality.
- Considerable experience and knowledge of quality management standards and procedures applicable to biomedical research.
- Good knowledge and understanding of risk management.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous quality auditing experience.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good Microsoft office skills.
Remuneration and Benefits
- The salary will be paid in Grade 2, 37 Points of MRC Unit The Gambia’s payscale at a net monthly salary of 85, 240 Dalasi. This converts to a net pay of $2029 approximately per month using the prevailing Dalasi/USD exchange rate.
- For displaced staff the package will include rent-free furnished accommodation, flights, displacement allowance for spouse and children, contribution to school fees and shipment of personal effects.