- As a Manager, he/she oversees AHF medical operations n N/gene and supports the Country Program Manager to efficiently and effectively deliver quality clinical services in the country.
- Provides technical support to the Treatment program and work with the Prevention lead to ensures linkage to treatment and care program through well established processes of patient linkages and service integration
- Attends key technical partners meetings and provide.s feedback to management.
- Leads the development of work plans for all sites
- He/she participates in staff need assessment, interviewing, and eduction of new hired staff.
- He/she participates in setting performance targets and staff appraisal. disciplining and addressing complaints of employees under his/her supervision
- Supports the operations of the programs in the country to ensure efficient service delivery in each site/program area.
- Ensures standard quality of clinical services is delivered at all AHF supported sites.
- He/She will lead quality assurance initiatives in the country program.
- Provides periodic comprehensive support supervision reports, adhering to the tools provided by AHF
- Promotes the implementation of standard operating procedures for all activities relating to good clinical practice and ensures functional Qi teams are in existence at site levels
- Supervises and implements quality management activities and quality benchmarks monitoring, facilitation of quality assurance and quality improvement sessions. Strengthens and ensures TB/HIV, PMTCT, ART and other integrated services are delivered in an integrated service delivery model.
- Ensures effective patient flow in all sites, especially those with high volume of patients and coordinate periodic operations research to monitor performance and assure improved quality.
- Identifies early warning resistance indicators and intervention strategies
- Remains updated on current trends and standards in clinical management of HI V/AIDS and related illnesses
- Participates in the elaboration/monitoring of annual targets and ensure that they are achieved in all regional sites
- Is the point person for management of difficult cases.
- Provides direct supervision and mentor ship to doctors, nurses laboratory scientists, pharmacy technician working in the different facilities in the country to ensure continuous growth and learning
- Ensures timely compilation and submission of monthly drug inventory reports in coordination with the Program Pharmacist
- Works with the program pharmacist to ensure that pharmacy operations are in accordance with good pharmacy practices
- Identifies and promotes operational research at country level and builds capacity among the staff in case presentations and elaboration of scientific papers
- Must be a Medical Doctor from a recognizable institution.
- Additional qualification in Health systems management, public health or family medicine will be an added advantage
- Minimum of Five years medical/health service experience preferred with a sound knowledge of basic medical disciplines to allow for accurate diagnosis and appropriate management of clinical problems.
- Three years or more of recent experience with HIV/AIDS treatment: two years minimum of administration and program management experience with knowledge of clinical protocols and procedures in the management of HIV related diseases.
- Experience in planning and budgeting required
- Experience in quality management and assurance practices desired
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Research applications e.g SPSS, Epi-nfo etc