Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
A quantity surveyor manages all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Surveyors seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- perform risk, value management and cost control;
- advise on a procurement strategy;
- identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
- allocate work to subcontractors;
- provide advice on contractual claims;
- analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
- value completed work and arrange payments;
- maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- understand the implications of health and safety regulations.