• Prepares and reviews cost estimation, material take-offs, labor and machinery estimates for project jobs from Pre-FEED to Commissioning phase for multi-disciplinary projects (Civil / Structural / Mechanical / Piping / Electrical & Instrumentation / Infrastructure).
• Evaluates and verifies bill of quantities, cost estimations and progress measurement reports for all Contract / Agreement types.
• Ensures that Site Project procedures for cost estimation and budgeting are implemented.
• Provide cost estimate assistance and participates in the preparation of Operating Budget / 5 year Business Plans.
• Prepares / reviews the basis of Cost Estimation / Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) in the Tender and Contract Documents.
• Reviews and comments on the cost estimates prepared by Contractors during Conceptual / FEED / EPC phases.
• Participates in the Contracts Commercial Evaluation process.
• Reviews Contractor's Cost Estimation Procedure and guidelines.
• Prepares / reviews the in-house Project Cost Estimates. Establishes and implements Projects Statistical Database for benchmarking and reference.
• Evaluates potential Cost Risk events, evaluates any Cost Impact due to schedule delays.
• Reviews Contractor Change Orders Requests (COR). Facilitates IPMT in analysis of Contractor claims and issuance of Change Orders
• Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor such as ongoing training and development of assigned UAE National employees and any other assignments, as and when required.
• Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or related Engineering Field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English); Good supervisory skills
• Minimum of 10 years-experience in quantity surveying, cost estimation and progress measurement protocols for Oil and Gas projects both onshore and offshore.
• Knowledge of special application software packages.