Due to continued growth at Atkins we are now looking for a Quantity Surveyor to support our projects both in our London and Croydon office. The ideal candidates will have significant experience of working for Design and Build Contractors and the formulation and resolution of contractual claims and disputes. Whilst rail experience is advantageous, we are interested in talking to candidates with the right construction industry pedigree and commercial experience to be able to move between sectors leveraging their skills and aptitude to achieve best in class commercial performance
- Develop and operate strategies to maximise project revenues and cash flow in Atkins favour
- Ensure timely submission of all contractual notices and supporting data including robust payment applications
- Lead the Change Control Process and seek early resolution of contract changes
- Assist Project Management teams with advice and contractual support for project issues
- Support the bidding process including the negotiation of favourable contract terms and conditions
- Liaise with project support functions such as finance, supply chain, risk and so on to ensure compliance with the company’s procedures and instructions, including all periodic reporting functions and GRN etc.
- Ensure that adequate records are maintained in respect of project issues and commercial management processes
- Support Work Package Management ensuring variances between planned budget expenditure and incurred costs are identified and appropriate action taken to minimise costs and liabilities
- Manage subcontract procurement and accounts
- Ensure insurance issues are managed in accordance with procedures
- Any other tasks assigned by Senior Management
- Appropriate Degree and/or other academic and/or professional qualification and substantial amount of experience in a Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management role.
- Significant experience of Design and Build Contracts and the preparation, submission, negotiation and resolution of contractual claims and disputes.
- Knowledge/experience of the rail industry whilst desirable, is not essential
- Customer facing experience with a “win-win” philosophy and “can-do” attitude
- Good communicator at all levels, able to promote development of Atkins profile
- Commensurate IT skills